Targeting consumers, SMB’s and enterprises.
Using Content Marketing to gain attention
Small startup sales team going to conferences and meeting clients face to face in order to gain traction.
Founder sales at the start who leveraged their investors contacts to help gain their first sales and break into new markets.
Started selling while the product was in very early stages and not market ready. During a demo, the prospective client wanted to see a live demonstration and received a green light when it shouldn't have been. Taking this, the prospect became one of their first clients and helped to develop their product with real feedback.
He started building his overseas team by an introduction from his investors. After building the relationship and trust was formed, they brought on another two startup sales people to drive the company forward.
Covering how to work with an overseas sales team. Communication is the key, over communication is best. Not just with the management but also between the tech and sales teams.
Michael can be reached at Michael@retruster.com
1) What is your favorite sales or leadership book?
2) Do you have someone that you follow/read for sales/leadership ideas? Used to be Tim Ferris & Reid Hoffman
3) Are you available 24/7? Do you have strict personal time boundaries? Tries but unsuccessful
4) What is your favorite tool used for sales? Rain King
5) What one piece of advice do you have for all the founders/CEOs/VP Sales out there? Constantly keep your long term plan in the front of your mind!